Monday, October 27, 2008

Jo Ratcliffe - Studio 6



1. Describe your work.

Currently I am drawing, painting and printmaking.

2. How did you come to be doing the work that you do?

When I was 16 I used to write the slate signs for the produce department of a supermarket, it was a glamorous job, I even had my own office but I was hungry for more.

3. Where do you look for inspiration?

Dirty streets, rolling fields, google images & most haunted.

4. What is your favourite place?

Bed in the morning.

5. If you could own one piece of art what would it be?

For the bathroom anything by Gustav Dore from his series of illustrations of ‘The Divine Comedy’ or ‘Death Depicted as the Grim Reaper on Top of the World’ for the hallway Gustave Courbet - The Origin of the World, for the study Carolus-Duran - Equestrian Portrait of Mademoiselle Croizette and for the living room a Glen Brown or a Eugène Carrière painting.

6. What is your favourite website?

Google images!


Jo Ratcliffe

No comments: